TRANSPARENT Storage & Moving RATES
- 10 x10: $ 100.00
- 10 x 12: $120.00
- 10 x 15: $ 150.00
- 10 x 20: $ 200.00
- 10 x 30: $ 300.00
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Moving Rates
HOWEVER, WHETHER WE GIVE THE CUSTOMER A PHONE QUOTE OR AN IN HOUSE ESTIMATE QUOTE, THE HOURLY RATE, PLUS TRAVE FEE WILL CLEARLY BE GIVEN BEFORE BOOKING THE MOVE. THE HOURLY RATE, PLUS TRAVEL FEE WILL BE SPECIFIC AS TO THE NUMBER OF MEN AND THE NUMBER OF TRUCKS OUR COMPANY WILL PROVIDE FOR YOUR MOVING NEEDS.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS TO THE NUMBER OF MEN AND TRUCKS THE COMPANY WILL PROVIDE WITH THE HOURLY RATE QUOTED, PLEASE CALL 816-287-1036 AND ASK FOR A MANAGER FOR THE QUOTE OR WRITTEN RATE, PLUS TRAVEL FEE GIVEN TO YOU, TO BE CONFIRMED.
WHEN YOUR MOVE IS BOOKED AT LEAST 30 DAYS PRIOR TO MOVING DATE, YOU CAN EXPECT THE BELOW RATES TO BE IN EFFECT.
Local, Semi-local hourly rates for crews/trucks :
Discounts for pre-payment
- 5% Off 6 months of Storage
- 7.5% Off 9 months of Storage
- 10% Off 12 months of Storage
- Discounts apply to Full Storage fees/rates
- Storage payments are due on the 1st of every month and no later than 5th of every month. Any payments received after 5th of the month, there will be 15%% late fee added onto their balance.
- Storage payment is prorated the 1st month of storage. Thereafter, customer agrees to pay the entire month of storage when his/her items remain in storage on the 1st day of the month-there is no proration.
- Storage and move payment are due immediately when client is unloaded into storage and final bill amount communication to client.
- After 5 days of completion of move and no payment, each successive day will incur a 2%% late fee of any balance due, for non-payment of goods and services rendered as listed on final day of contractual move.
- After 15 days of completion of move and no payment, an additional $300 late fee will be incurred.
- After 21 days of completion and no payment, items will be sold for compensatory cost moving and storage bill.
- For client in storage and who fail to pay the storage fees for 90 days, their items will be sold to compensate for storage bill.
- If a customer does not want all items from the storage until the day of vacating the storage unit, an additional $4 per item disposal fee will apply.
Request A Quote Today!
- What a FANTASTIC moving experience. Let’s face it... moving is the worst. We were fortunate enough to have the BEST team (Hiram, Carl, Sam, & Greg) to help with a unique and challenging move. Not only did they work swiftly and with great care for our belongings, they always had smiles on their faces and were an absolute pleasure to work with. I can’t recommend this company & team enough. This was the best moving experience my wife and I have had!- Scott McCaskill. 1/21/2020
- I have seen this moving company in business for years and I finally needed to use them. I loved the fact that Greg came to my house to see what I had. The bid was not just based on sq footage of my house. The bid was very fair. Moving day went very well. We didn't quite have enough room in the truck but luckily we had an extra trailer. The boys were very nice, polite, quiet and had working. I enjoyed working with them all. I would hire these guys in a heartbeat. The bid was also right on target!! Thank you Greg, John and the rest of the guys!!!- Elizabeth Boynton. 0/12/2020
- Fantastic crew moved us yesterday!- kelly martin. 10/24/2019
- Great Butter burgers. I also like the fish sandwich and the pork loin sandwich. Great onion rings as well. The krinkle fries ... meh ... not so much.- Al Henager. 7/21/2019
- They did a terrific job! They were flexible to the situation, helped break down and put up furniture, they were friendly, they were expedient, and they were able to do all of this on short notice. I highly recommend for any move!- Thomas Escobar. 5/8/2019
- There is one word that describes "Always Helpful Movers," AMAZING!!!! They went out of their way for me! They were extremely careful with our belongings and were one of the most genuine, caring, kind, personable and professional people I have ever met! John, the owner is wonderful! He was soo helpful! Nowadays it is so common to where the owner has his employees do all the work. With John it was not the case at all! He delivered everything safely with Anthony. He made sure everything was put exactly how I wanted it to be and made sure to ask me if there was anything else they could help me with! Steven was also great! He was professional and got all my belongings into the truck safely. I was worried that we would have to make a few trips back and forth but Steven somehow, thankfully got everything done to where we only had to make one trip! Thank you Steven!! I also desperately needed to get rid of old mattresses quickly and did not know who/where to call to get rid of them. Anthony and John were so helpful and kind and got it all taken care of for me! I didn't have to do a single thing! :) The fact that they took care of it for me meant a great deal because I didn't have to worry about how I was going to get rid of them before my move-out date which was soon! I was also already working at my new job so it would have been virtually impossible for me to drive 3 hours away after work to get rid of them and have to drive back to go to work the next day! They are the best moving company we have EVER used!! The only upsetting factor is that we only got the chance to meet them when we were moving out of Lee's Summit and moving to Springfield, 3 hours away. I wish we had the pleasure of meeting them earlier whenever we still lived there! Thank you all!! Makes me so happy to know that there are still good people out there!! :)- Julia Chesnakova. 3/16/2019
- We moved several weeks ago and our crew of movers did an AWESOME job. The crew of Greg Z, Greg N, Gallo, Karl, Carlos, Sany and Victor were very kind and polite. They all worked quickly and efficiently! I highly recommend this moving company. I didn’t have anything scratched or broken... way to go guys!!! 😊👍🏼- Erin Sprouse. 3/13/2019
- I have used this company multiple times in the past few years to move heavy equipment for my business. Unlike a few other companies I have used in the past, they have always been on time!! All of the crews on my moves have been careful and have taken the time necessary to make sure my equipment is wrapped and protected during transport. Thank you AHM!!- Kathy B. 2/31/2019
- These men on our crew were so great to work with, the use of the word "professional" almost feels like an understatement. Excellent courtesy, excellent efficiency, excellent care of our stuff, and the price was $200 less than what was quoted! WOWzers! Thank you!- Greg Noble. 2/26/2019
- OMG I would give these guys 10 stars if I could. They were fantastic! I called Always Helpful Movers two years ago to move my TredClimber from upstairs to the basement and they were perfect. So I called them again this week when I needed the same equipment moved to a new address. The three men that came to move were so curtious and professional, I can’t say enough good things about them. They were on time, reviewed the manual and moved the machine without nicking a wall. I will use them if I ever need anything else moved and have and will continue to recommend them to everyone I know.- Michele Tucker. 2/22/2019
- I would highly recommend this moving company. Steven, William and Dereck were extremely professional, cautious and quick with our move. Greg was also very personable when scheduling the move. Great group of guys.- mrblock6902 . 2/2/2019
- Great movers. Careful always, reasonably priced, and very courteous.- Jimmy Hester. 0/21/2019
- This most recent move was the third time that I used them for and each time I received excellent service. They were careful with my furniture and the walls, they even took the time to remove the draws for the heavy furniture. They (Ty)made small repairs to furniture that was not manufactured correctly and did it with a positive attitude. The crew this time included Victor, Ty (repaired the furniture), Greg and Steven. Some of these guys I recognized from my previous moves so the turnover of staff is light. They submitted a proposal and explained it to me in detail with regards to actual hours needed and insurance options. If I need their services again I will not hesitate to call them.- Bernie . 10/20/2018
- We have used this place 4 times to move and they are always nice and they always do a good job. Isaiah, Karl and Austin moved us last time and they were awesome and fast.- Julia Jones. 10/5/2018
- WOW!!!!!!! These guys worked harder than I have ever seen anyone work! Not only that, but they kept positive attitudes and a smile on their face the entire time (3 days worth of moving!) I am extremely impressed and will absolutely be recommending them to clients in the future. They truly are "always helpful"! What a great crew and a great mission they serve! <3- Krissy Frewin. 9/30/2018
- AHM was incredible! We had to find a last minute moving company to get us from Lenexa KS to Greenville SC. Greg was so kind when he came and gave us an estimate! He listened to all of our moving concerns (we had never used a 3rd party mover before), and quoted us a fair price - even with moving one of our cars. The day of, they brought 4 movers and carefully packed EVERYTHING. They wrapped and padded any unboxed furniture we had, and padded my car so it wouldn’t get scratched in the trunk. Carlos and Steven accompanied us to SC and let me tell you, they are amazing people. They updated us every step of the way so we knew when to expect them. The day they unloaded, they put everything where we needed it, put together one of our tables that had to be taken apart in moving, and helped get rid of some extra boxes. I’m glad they took their time packing and unloading, because absolutely nothing was damaged, and none of our furniture had any scratches. For our first time using a moving company, I am so grateful for AHM, especially Greg, Carlos and Steven. They are fantastic men and really helped make our moving experience a great one. I can’t say enough great things about them!- Marissa Calabro. 9/19/2018
- Amazing Movers!!- John Horner. 8/15/2018
- We had Always Helpful Movers move us from Lees Summit to Ohio. We got a fair and accurate estimate from John, and the crew on both ends of the move were careful, courteous and professional. We did not have anything damaged, broken or missing. Overall, a great experience. Would strongly recommend them, and use them again.- Kevin Pfeiler. 7/16/2018
- Excellent service, amazing people of integrity. Was worth the drive.- tarryn green. 6/3/2018
- We were moving intrastate and concerned about finding a firm that could successfully handle the task. We searched through many reviews, just as you’re doing, and settled on “Always Helpful Movers”. It was clearly the best decision we could have made – this team is truly exceptional. As a result of the initial visit by Alex and Victor, where they listened to our concerns and explained how they would be addressed, we grew very comfortable with our choice. Our case may be somewhat different from yours in that we had almost as many donations as we had items to move. All were loaded the same day and we were impressed that they handled the donations just as carefully as the items we were moving. You will admire their strong faith; the missionary work done by John, the owner; the regular trips by Victor to Africa with donations; and their strong desire to eliminate the stress of a major move. There are so many things that can go wrong with a move, from packing to loading to travel and finally the unload and this team gets an A+ at every level. We are very grateful to Alex, Frank, Gallo, Carlos, and Eddy – feel blessed by knowing them and cannot recommend this group high enough.- Jack Moran. 5/1/2018
- We had them send their biggest truck and a crew of four guys to help us move after 20 years in the same house. Alex, Frank, Austin and Raul showed up a few minutes late, but they called ahead and notified us, so no big deal. They immediately got set up and start moving our stuff into the truck. Extra care was taken to wrap furniture so that nothing would get scratched. We had a ton of boxes that we added to the load and they packed the truck to the brim. These guys worked their butts off for us and after 7 hours, they had everything unpacked in the new house. They were always respectful and eager to load whatever we asked them to grab onto the truck. Great service and a good price!- John Stone. 4/31/2018
- The crew was almost two hours late and there was no phone call to let us know. It was up to us to reach out to them to find out whar was going on. Despite us worrying wed have to make last minute moving plans the crew was great. They were fast, careful, and even hooked up al of our appliances for us. I will use them again (ill just make sure to allow more time)- tim roehrick. 2/25/2018
- Wow! We loved working with Always Helpful Movers! We loved supporting a Christian ministry, and we received exceptional service! Michael was fantastic and made good conversation when appropriate. Guyo was so positive, singing as he loaded boxes in their truck. You could tell the men loved their job and saw it as more than just a job. They treated our things as if they were their own. We would recommend them to anyone anytime. Pricing was fair as well!- Jennie Schueller. 2/14/2018
- ALEX and ANTHONY absolutely made my day! I had made arrangements with a different furniture mover to have a large, heavy desk transported from downtown KCMO to Independence. After waiting two hours, I discovered that he had "canceled" -- by not showing up. The morning of 2/19/2018 my sister & I called Always Helpful Movers and spoke with Alex who, with Anthony, came and completed the move for me -- right away. When they arrived, Alex told me that it was important to him to come as soon as possible because he understood that I was in a bind. He even quoted a very reasonable rate, without taking advantage of my desperate situation. On top of it all, they were professional, considerate, and an absolute pleasure to be around. They went completely above and beyond the call to get the job done. I really felt like my friends had come to help me out, and was sorry to see them go! If you ever need to hire a moving company, do yourself a huge favor and call Always Helpful Movers. If I ever need to hire a moving company again, I will DEFINITELY call them again. POWER✝️- Kelly Jarrett. 1/21/2018
- I did a basic online search for a local mover. Found Always Helpful Movers. The owner answered the phone and made me so comfortable. He assured me they would be professional and accommodate our needs They arrived on time and were so courteous and efficient. I highly recommend them to anyone.- Ruth Ramsey. 1/15/2018
- Great value if you are budget minded getting furniture. I've been here twice and I bought a Basset dresser for 90 dollars including the delivery! It's a nonprofit so the proceeds go to help with mission work in Belize and Mexico.- Sean Gianotti. 0/24/2018
- I just had Always Helpful Movers pack and move me from Kansas City to Charlotte. Excellent service, manners with customer and very fair pricing. I'd use them again in a heartbeat for another move!- Chris Suchan. 0/10/2018
- Their guys were great. Showed up on time, worked hard and got it done. They came in under what they quoted for price. I am very happy with them and would use them again!- Mark King. 11/18/2017
- These people are truly amazing! Honest and wonderful people. Their hearts and souls are there for YOU! Efficient and excellent moving service. THE BEST.- Avrel North. 6/17/2017
- On 05/13/17,Tim, Alex, and Willie were able to help me with a last minute move. I could not be any more happy with the service they provided. They were very friendly, proffessional, and careful with all of my belongings. They worked fast, and effectively, i would use this company again no questions asked. Well worth the money, speaking of which is very affordable. Thank you guys very much!!- Andrew Taylor. 4/14/2017
- We were moving our office in Lees Summit from a facility we had been in for 20 years so I was a little nervous about the move.. Got the estimate, felt very comfortable with John and booked them as our mover. The day before the move they called to confirm and the day of the move they were here right on time. Leo and his crew were simply the best and got everything loaded and unloaded at our new office in less time than John had estimated. Very pleased with these guys and would ABSOLUTELY hire them again if the situation came up. Well done gentlemen!!!- Loren Paulson. 3/3/2017
- i use Always Helpful very often and would recommend them to everyone. They are friendly and always accommodating to our needs- Megan Holloway. 2/13/2017
- Great group of folks here. Went above and beyond. Steven and Isaiah were phenomenal. Great customer service and very delicate with my furniture and carpet. I would highly recommend them.- Travis Lee. 2/11/2017
- Having moved eight previous times, I have come to have a great understanding of those movers that are not so good and those that go the extra mile. In the case of the team at Always Helpful Movers, the statement "going the extra mile" would not be strong enough. Let's start with the estimate. I called in three companies and AHM's representative was clearly the most knowledgeable and offered the best price hands down. My decision was made. Then there was the initial move, which involved loading and storing my furniture in their Lee Summit location. On time, respectful, conscientious and thorough would best describe the team!! In fact, John the owner went out of his way to establish an indoor storage spot for my baby, a 1985 Mazda RX& in which I am the original owner!! The move was completed about a month ago here in Loudon, Tennessee, and again it was seamless. Another in fact, which is this time I had to change the moving date a couple of times due to a delay in the closing!! No hassles, no penalty fees, nothing but a full accommodation of my requests!! What's more, having rained the night before the move, the AHM team went out of their way to purchase plywood to ensure that they had a big enough landing to ensure that nothing was tracked in the house. You guessed it, nothing was tracked in the house!! Having used the big moving companies in the past, I was a bit unsure of how this would turn out!! Not only was the experience my most positive one, but I really felt good about supporting such a devoted team of individuals. When it comes time for your next move, Always Helpful Movers should be at the top of the list!!- Marlena Molde. 1/14/2017
- I presented Allways helpful movers with a challenging move. I had 2 pick up locations on separate days, plus a halfway cross country move from Kansas City to Columbia, Sc. And they where spot on! The guys where all pleasant to work with. They where respectful of my items. And regardless of the challenges I presented to them they did a great job.. Thank you for the hard work! Great Job!- Joe Zezza. 1/8/2017
- This is the second time I've used their services, and I plan to use them again for all my future moves. Most recently, Always Helpful Movers made my cross-country moving experience an easy one. Their service began with friendly service over the phone to schedule my move. Then they arrived with a full team of movers to quickly, efficiently, and most important SAFELY move my belongings into their truck. Lastly, they arrived on time and took good care of my belongings as they moved them into my new home. I most appreciated their approach to interpersonal interaction because the owners and managers worked along side their moving employees to move my belongings. And they all did it was an extremely friendly and positive attitude.- Michael S. 0/23/2017
- Oscar, Leo and Seven helped with my move and they were professional, helpful and did a terrific job with helping me. This was the first time I used movers and I highly recommend Always Helpful Movers, especially Oscar, Leo and Steven. Thank you guys for making my move smooth.- Ajay James. 10/25/2016
- They were a pleasure to work with, very kind men who did an excellent job packing our baby grand to be moved. We will most certainly be calling them again in the future as the need arises and wouldn't hesitate to recommend to everyone!!- Erin Edwards. 10/9/2016
- I had Always Helpful Movers move me from Lee's Summit, MO to New York City and they were amazing. They were so careful with making sure my items were packed safely, drove to NYC, and delivered my items with in 48 hours of packing them. They did it all with a kind and courteous attitude. It wasn't an easy job! They made my move much easier!- Lisa . 8/28/2016
- Always Helpful Movers came to our rescue at the last minute when our other moving plans fell through. They were super nice, very professional, & reasonably priced. They took great care with our furniture pieces & everything arrived in great shape. As movers go, I highly recommend them. We've used professional moving companies for several relocations & this company exceeded all my expectations. Thank you for all of your help!- Diana King. 8/18/2016
- The moment our guys showed up today, you could tell they have many years of moving experience. Superb mannerism & careful management of all of our stuff. They were a joy! My husband use to be in the moving & storage business 20 years ago & could tell these guys knew their stuff. Today was pick up & Monday is unload but so far, we are completely satisfied! Thank you to Oscar, Leo, Christian & Marco!!!!- ANNA ROBERTS. 8/17/2016
- This is the second time I've used them for relatively small moves. Robert and Steven showed up right on time, moved everything carefully and quickly. They were extremely courteous and friendly. I recommend this company highly.- Rob Hall. 8/12/2016
- Always Helpful Movers are such a great and wonderful moving company, Infact they are the best moving company I have ever seen. You need to see the excellent and fantastic way they moved 700 pnds weight piano. The move with God, no wonder they are the best. Long live "Always Helpful Movers and Ministries "- OZUOMBA CHIJIOKE VICTOR. 8/7/2016
- Best movers in the world- Toy Dumlao. 8/6/2016
- On time, very courteous, interacted with the kids....overall great job!- Sam Kovacic. 7/23/2016
- The crew was on time, professional in the tasks of padding, loading and moving, and always helpful. This is the third time we've used Always Helpful Movers and they have been true to their name at every time.- Larry Chapman. 7/22/2016
- My grandparents moved this weekend and the company we had hired ended up cancelling on us the morning of the move. It was very discouraging, seeing as how you are all set up and ready to go! I scrambled to try to figure out what we were going to do, and called Always Helpful Movers. Im sure they had a lot going on that morning, but they were quick to pull a team together and help us out. They got to the house within an hour of me calling, with a team of 3 movers and all supplies needed. They all worked very hard and in a timely manner to get the move done, and did a fantastic job. I am thankful that they were able to save the day for us, and would recommend them to anyone.- Shanna Bennett. 7/22/2016
- Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while. I'm glad I found these guys. Very cooperative. On time and good communications. Polite and hard workers. Give them a try!- jack branam. 7/13/2016
- These guys are the best. Greg and Gallo were very courteous and did not rush us unloading our household belongings in Austin, Texas. I would recommend this company highly .- John Beerman. 5/1/2016
- I cannot say enough great things about this company! From the very first phone call to the time I waved goodbye to the moving truck, everyone was so friendly, patient, caring, and helpful! I had to move to another state with very short notice and these guys were so on top of it and made my experience totally painless. I would very highly recommend this company.- Rebecca Kirkpatrick. 0/2/2016
- What a wonderfully conscientious and careful moving company! We had an emergency move and John came out the very day I called and arranged to have us moved within a day! They did a terrific job and didn't scratch or dent a single piece of furniture. Hard working and friendly staff. Thanks guys!- Gerald Sloan. 9/27/2015
- “Always Helpful Movers,” is an amazing moving company with incomparable services. As a realtor, I can say that they exceed all expectations. They stepped in and moved my clients cross country during a stressful time, while offering very affordable and competitive rates. The movers were professional start to finish, from when a representative came out to give quotes until the last piece of furniture was unloaded. My clients stated that the owner, John, was very involved throughout the entire moving process. In addition, each worker was very knowledgeable, professional, honest, and reliable. Every item from the smallest décor to the largest piece of furniture was packed, wrapped, secured, and relocated without incident. My clients have called me numerous times to tell me that John and his employees were truly “God Sent.” I tell my clients that moving can be stressful, however selecting a moving company does not have to be. Simply choose “Always Helpful Movers” and you will not be disappointed! ~ T. Andrews-Watson, Platinum Realty- Tynisha Watson. 5/12/2015
- Loved my experience with AHP. I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for affordable moving service. Bought a couch from the not too long ago. They delivered on time and helped me set it up. Thank you so much AHP...you guys get a GOLD star for being so amazing. ;-)YAY- mary rhoda Wanyiri. 2/27/2015
- Incredible experience. I did the research and found Always Helpful Movers. The reviews were right on. They moved everything I own 500 miles without any issues and came in under budget. Wow!- Adam Rehm. 7/25/2014
- I hired Always Helpful Movers for my first major move from Kansas City. I had no idea what to expect since I never hired a moving company to load my things and drive them all the way to our new home. I was very pleased with AHM professionalism and politeness. They were by far the cheapest moving company that we found in Kansas City (the next cheapest moving company were nearly $1100 more than AHM). The one thing that AHM was bad about was estimating their time of arrival at our Kansas City apartment, and our destination out of state. They were NEVER on time - nearly 2 hours late to pick up our things, and nearly 4 hours late arriving at our destination. However, they were able to move us into our new apartment out of state the very next day, which few movers in Kansas City would do. We actually realized they had forgotten a box with expensive items in it, and they came all the way back to our destination to drop it off. I was so thankful for them making the extra trip to bring our items to us. AHM weren't always on time, but they were definitely the least expensive option (by far), and they worked very hard and made our first moving experience a pleasant one. If you are moving from the Kansas City area, I would highly recommend Always Helpful Movers.- Justin Schultz. 6/23/2014
- This moving company delivered everything promised and then some. We had a two part move that had become much larger than we originally told them it would be. About an hour into the move, they realized that with only two men, it would take all day and night so they called in a third mover who was there within half an hour, not only did this speed things up drastically, but it saved me several hundred dollars. They were very polite, efficient, patient, hard working, and very reasonably priced. I will never use another moving company.- Kristy Sidwell. 5/5/2014